By Jason Ciment (co-founder LA Dezign)
Here’s a review of the salient points in this article by Paul Rouke from the UK analyzing why BOOKING.com is such a compelling and persuasive user experience which can apply to our own websites – whether B2C or B2B.
1. Put social proof right on the home page where there is an interactivity component. So if it is a search box, then show recent search results or deals purchased from searches conducted. Let people see real actionable data that makes them feel, hey I can get some of that too.
2. Be clear what the page is about. Don’t mix messages. Booking is clear, we are here to help you search for something. Call this Total clarity.
3. Modify the total clarity with a subheadline that further sets out your value proposition.
4. Address the WHY USE US question. Just list the top reasons people use your service or buy from you. Clear and concise. Use some good web copy too.
5. Have external endorsements from 3rd parties.
There’s more and you can read the rest below and also see the link to Persuasive Principles they discuss.
About Jason Ciment
Jason Ciment has been involved commercial with the Web since 1997. His numerous columns on website marketing have appeared on websites such as www.Clickz.com and www.searchengineland.com. His book on search engine optimization can be found at www.seotimetable.com. This blog covers web design and SEO tips and tips and advice for working more efficiently and enjoyably.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.